Sunday 29 March 2015

Cute Room Ideas!

My room is a jumble sale of random bits and bobs that I just shove up or have on my drawers but I think if you separate all the things some of them are actually really cute that anyone can use to jazz up their room.


On my wall I have an uncompleted picture part (as you can see I only have 3 on so far) and uncompleted gig part as I have been to several more but haven't put them up yet. 
The top half of the way consists of 4 pieces of my GCSE art work which I liked so I kept them.

Art work either made by yourself or bought from a shop adds colour to a dull wall, especially if like in my case you aren't allowed to paint the room, it just brightens it up. I am quite proud of my art work, even though I got a rubbish grade in the end. 


Picture wise I don't have that many up as I haven't got round to printing any out, but I do intend to have a space filled at the side of the paintings full of my favourite pictures and memories. I have pictures of my deceased pets to remember them by, they aren't the best pictures but I still love them especially the one of Buster jumping in the air.
If you don't have space for photo frames around your room but still want pictures on display, print your favourite ones off, grab the blu tack and stick those bad boys up. To add some pajazz you could add fairy lights around the edge and on a night have them switched on. 

Much like the picture idea, having gig tickets up and keepsakes from them is a really good way of you remembering things and they don't have the risk of being spoiled or ripped if they are on a wall. Again I said it is uncompleted and I still have my Room 94 ones to add and a few others from last year. 

Moving on my drawers are mainly filled of presents from people which I adore and can't bear the thought of having them pushed away in a drawer, along with the presents there's a few bits and bats and a drumstick.


Here I have a photo frame Eunice made me with all my favourite pictures of us and Emma along with Sean from Room 94 and the other girls. I absolutely adore things like this and I will forever treasure it. In front there is a giant peg, I am one of those people who impulse buys and then is stuck with what to use the peg for, I have another one but I use that as I broke my mirror stand, with this one I was thinking I could add notes as in reminders for me to do that day/week. Next to the peg is THE HAPPINESS JAR which is quite simply the best gift I have ever received, I got it from the lovely Beth and Lottie for my 18th, inside are notes to cheer me up and boy oh boy they do. I can't throw the paper away after so I just put it back in and shake it so I get a different one.


Sophie made me this really cute picture frame from my birthday, she hand made the little stitching piece which I find adorable. It has one of my favourite memories on it, Soccer Six where I first met Sophie and where I spent a full day with a majority of my best friends.


This isn't part of my drawers, it belongs on my desk but I thought I would share it anyway, it includes my very first pictures with band members (cringe) and some of my favourite pictures from school, however I think it is time to update it as I have a lot more up to date better pictures with many of the people on here. 
Not including the presents, it has been very cheap for me to decorate my room as I keep an eye out for a bargain, I am going to start plan an actual theme to my room. 

Follow my Twitter- TLOKatie
Like my Facebook- Thelifeofkatie
Subscribe to my Youtube- TheLifeOfKatie
So you don't miss out on the shenanigans.

Speak soon- K xox

No comments:

Post a Comment