Sunday 21 June 2015

Gig Essentials/Tips


Hey guys, I've been a busy bee this week and a bit that I haven't had the chance to write anything to be fair I haven't even had chance to think about writing anything. One of the reasons I have been busy is that I have had two gigs quite a distance from home for the last two weekends so all me free time has been spent on travelling to and from and attending the actual gigs- which if you were wondereing were AMAZING!
Saying that I thought today’s post would be rather fitting for me to stay on the topic of gigs and give you my essentials and top tips for them, please note this is what I take to a gig and what I have figured is the best to do, I am not saying it is the right way because there is no right way! 

To start things off I am going to give you my essentials I take-
  • Makeup- I always have to make sure I have my little collection of lipstick, concealer, powder, eyeliner, a mirror and a powder brush so I can make any touch ups after the gig because damn are they sweaty!!
  • Smellies- I ensure I always have deodorant (roll on or spray not fussed which), body spray and perfume as I stated before gigs get sweaty and I wanna smell lushhh!
  • Ticket- Obviously you need your gig ticket to gain entry into the venue, however this isn’t always the case as on a few occasions I have bought tickets on the door it really just depends on who you are seeing and if the gig is sold out.
  • Money- Money is always handy for merch, taxis oh and alcohol if you are 18 – which one do you think most of my money goes on?
  • Phone- I don’t go anywhere without my phone so it is a given it would be there with me.
  • Bag- I for one only take a bag if I am going out after, or if I aren’t wearing my denim jacket which has secret pockets where I can put all the other essentials in.
I don’t often take loads to a gig as I aren’t planning on squatting in the venue and I am usually at a hotel so all my other things are in there.

I have been to my fair share of gigs and I have picked up on a few tips that I think you could use if you are a first timer; I sure wish I had known some of the things I know now back then.
  • If you are at a venue with a bar (most venues have bars, I can’t recall being in one without one there) you can ask for water there for free, this is especially great if you need a drink and can’ afford £3.00 for a cola or if you are feeling faint.
  • If you don’t know the words to the song, drink, no one can expect a person to sing along with a mouthful of liquid.
  • If you can’t dance, dance. Nobody cares, you’re all there for one reason and it’s music. I for one cannot dance yet I somehow end up doing so.
  • If you are second guessing what to wear, wear it! You’re a flawless piece of being and nobody has the right to judge you. YOU’RE AWESOME!
  • If you have no one to go with, go alone. You will make friends there, even if you are shy there will be people in the same boat as you and who knows maybe you share more common interests than the artist you are seeing or music.
  • If you are planning on taking public transport home, plan it beforehand and know where you are going, also keep a spare £5/£10 somewhere for emergencies and you get stranded somewhere and you need a taxi to the train station whilst in the middle of Newcastle because you have a train at 6:03am as you have work the next day and it’s 5:55am....totally not speaking from past experience.
  • Lastly have fun. DANCE CRAZY, SING LOUD, STAY UP LATE!

As always
Follow my Twitter- TLOKatie
Like my Facebook- TheLifeOfKatie
Subscribe to my Youtube- TheLifeOfKatie
Speak Soon- K xox




No comments:

Post a Comment